Electronics designer Marcin Saja with over 15 years of experience in the electronics industry went to Kickstarter this month to bring their new versatile Nixie watch to market. Based on the Arduino platform and equipped with Arduino IoT cloud technology, voice control and support for Amazon Alexa, the Nixie clock also has interchangeable Nixie tube sockets that support dozens of different Nixie tubes, so you can customize your clock exactly to your liking can.
Features and specifications of the ONE Nixie tube clock
- You do not need to change the program code if you change Nixie tubes or tube sockets, even if they are multi-segment tubes such as B7971, B8971. The watch has one automatic recognition Function and selects the appropriate sub-programs to control recognized tubes yourself.
- The heart of the clock is Arduino Nano / Every / 33 IoT
- 26 interchangeable Nixie tube sockets available
- Option to connect to the Arduino IoT Cloud
- Control option via a smartphone app (iOS and Android) or a web browser
- Several dedicated tutorials available on learning and using Arduino IoT Cloud with ONE Nixie Clock
- 27 Arduino sample program codes – ready to upload
- Voice control option via Alexa assistant
- Time synchronization option via WLAN
- Easy to assemble
- All SMD (Surface Mount) components are already soldered, only THT “Thru-Hole” components have to be soldered
- Assistance with the assembly and commissioning of the clock
- Clock has RGB LED backlight
- Precise real-time clock for time measurement
- The clock requires an external standard 12V 1.5A power supply (power supply is not included)
Early bird supporter commitments are now available for the novel project starting at around $ 90 or $ 67 (depending on current exchange rates).
“With 26 interchangeable Nixie tube sockets, this unique device allows most existing Nixie tubes to be connected. The clock is based on the Arduino Nano, you can connect it to the Arduino IoT Cloud, you can control the clock via the smartphone app and even voice control via the Alexa assistant. All functions are optional and fully customizable. The clock shows the time digit by digit – first the hours, then the minutes – then the whole cycle is repeated. With the fade-in / fade-out effect and different colors of the backlighting of the tubes for hours and differently for minutes, reading the time is clear and easy. “
If ONE’s crowdfunding campaign successfully achieves its required pledge target and the project progresses smoothly, it is expected to ship worldwide in March 2022.
“The clock consists of several interconnected modules. In the main module (shield) there is an RTC module for precise time measurement, a Nixie tube power supply module and an Arduino Nano / Every / 33 IoT board. A Nixie socket is connected to the main module, and its own Nixie tube is connected to the socket. The clock is compatible with 26 Nixie sockets that support over a hundred different tubes. The time is displayed alternately, starting with hours, then minutes. The seconds have been deactivated to make it easier to read the time. You can also set different backlight colors for hours and others for minutes. “
For a full list of all available special commitments, stretch goals, additional media and specifications for the voice-activated IoT Nixie clock, please visit the official ONE crowdfunding campaign page by visiting the link below.
Filed under: Gadgets News
Latest deals on geeky gadgets
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links. Geeky Gadgets can earn an affiliate commission for buying something through one of these links. Learn more.